How Do I Determine the Level of Benefits I Need?
When choosing the right disability insurance policy, it is important to first determine what it is that you require. Obviously, the main purpose is to protect your wages, but there are additional benefits that can be included to your package. Ask yourself these questions to deduce exactly what you want.
- Do you want short or long term coverage?
- Do you want a bunch of riders or add-ons?
- What will your monthly budget allow you to allocate towards paying premiums?
- Would you prefer a longer waiting or benefits period?
- Is there a specific provider you prefer?
GotDisabilityInsurance.com will take all of these choices into account while we search for the best short or long term policy that meets all of the criteria. You are in good hands with us, so you don’t have to worry.
Best Long-Term Insurance
Got DI has an array of options for the best short term and long term disability insurance cost for individuals involved in many professions. We will enable you to choose the policy that fits your requirements, so you will have sufficient protection. A few of the advantages of our services include:
- Call for our helpful customer service
- Buy short-term plans with quicker waiting benefits
- Affordable premiums which can fit within your budget
- Best long-term costs from premier providers and companies
- For small business owners, business overhead expenses keep you operational after an accident
- Got DI will consider options to guide you towards the ideal policy for your budget
- Own-occupation allows you to be employed in another capacity while still receiving a percentage of your wages
Riders for Your Policies
To help you purchase the best disability insurance policy, Got DI compares the optional riders for your policies available from top coverage providers. Riders are voluntary bonus features you may choose to include with your policies that raise benefits in specific circumstances. Here are a couple of the additional riders we feature:
Hospital Confinement Indemnity Benefits Rider
This rider compensates as much as $500 for every day you’re hospitalized due to an accident. The benefit doubles for every day necessary to stay in intensive care.
Accident Medical Expense Rider
You pick a maximum amount for the policy ($1,000, $2,000, $3,000, or $5,000) and Got DI give you the sum as a cash reimbursement for medical-related bills accrued following an accident.
Cost-of-Living Adjustment Rider
Usually only available with long-term providers, this rider raises your monthly benefit as long as you're disabled, to ensure that your benefits are not decreased by inflation based on the Consumer Price Index.
Critical Illness Benefits Rider
Certain conditions are so severe that we offer the Critical Illness Benefits Rider, which compensates up to $25,000 if you become identified as having one.
Future Insurability Option Rider
When you work hard, you will be compensated with increased salary. This rider improves your base benefits as your salary goes up regardless of health status, permitting more versatility. It's only available with a long-term protection plan.
Return of Premium Benefit Rider
Depending on your policy, you can have 50 to 80% of your premiums returned (minus claims) after 10 years paying the costs. This is available on long term and short term policies.
SIS Benefits Rider
Social Insurance Supplement (SIS) Benefits are available only for long-term D.I. and pays claimants further monthly benefits if they don't qualify for social insurance, like Worker’s Compensation or Social Security.